Monday, June 7, 2010

Daily Photos

Grain Bins; 7:00 p.m.; June 7, 2010; Rexburg, ID; f/ 4.0; 1/800; Canon S5 IS
Enhancements: This one is out of order from the others because I had to come back and change a few things. I used Dynamic Photo to process this as a HDR photo. I used 3 different images at different exposures to created this photo. I increased the vivid colors and brightness a bit. I was really pleased at how well this one turned out. I used Program mode to take the shot.

Grainry 2- Exposure

Grainry 0 Exposure

Grainry 2+ Exposure

Trees; 7:30 p.m.; June 1, 2010; Rexburg, ID; f/ 4.0; 1/80; Canon S5 IS
Enhancements: I used levels and saturation to make the colors stand out more in this photo. I used Aperture Priority to take the shot.

Lemon Juicer; 3:30 p.m.; June 2, 2010; Egin, Idaho; f/ 3.5; 1/80; Canon S5 IS
Enhancements: I didn't do very much on this photo. I increased the the saturation and adjusted the hue a little bit so that the lemons really stuck out. I used Aperture Priority to take the shot.

Textbook; 9:00 p.m.; June 3, 2010; f/ 3.5; 1/60; Canon S5 IS
Enhancements: I increased the saturation, changed the hue, brightened it up a bit then added a vignette. I used Aperture Priority to take the shot.

Field Lines; 7:00 p.m.; June 4, 2010; Rexburg, ID; f/ 3.2; 1/60; Canon S5 IS
Enhancements: This has been a hard week to take outdoor shots because of all the rain we have been getting. On this photo I just adjusted the levels and increased the saturation. I used Aperture Priority to take the shot.

Peppers; 6:00 p.m.; June 5, 2010; Idaho Falls, ID; f/ 2.0; 1/100; Samsung cell phone
Enhancements: I was wandering around Fred Meyers when I saw these peppers. I didn't have my regular camera, so I used my cell phone to snap the shot. It isn't the absolute best quality, but it still turned out pretty good. All I did was increase the saturation, adjust the levels, and add a vignette.

Barrus Organ; 6:30 p.m.; June 6, 2010; Rexburg, ID; f/ 3.2; 0.3; Canon S5 IS
Enhancements: I used Camera RAW to edit this photo. I increased the clarity, saturation, and vibrance. I also increased the Red hues to help the red colors in the wood stand out a little bit. Then I added a vignette to give it a sharper look. I used Program mode to take the shot.





6 comments:

  1. I love the shots that you got! Good job with the HDR shot. It's cool to use these newfound skills we have! I love the picture of the book. It looks awesome with the shallow depth. The tree shot is amazing too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! I really like the HDR shot. I have not been able to get a really nice HDR shot that I like even when we went to bannack. I really like all of your photos and the angles you chose to get. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorites are the grain bins HDR and the lemon one. Nice angles, very appealing to the eye and good color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting shots. They have such cool angles and nice points of focus it's really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the photos that you made for this last week. I especially like the photo of the lemon. I don't know what it is, but there is something about it that makes me want lemonade, and that is what great photography does, creates feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you captured the little moment of your day. The photo of the book page looks really cool, along with the depth of field in the photo. Also I really like the leading lines on the tree photo.

    ReplyDelete