Sunday, May 16, 2010

Panoramics

Idaho Falls Temple; 2:00 p.m.; May 15, 2010; Idaho Falls, ID; f/4.0; 1/1000; Canon S5 IS
Enhancements: Increase saturation and adjusted levels






I was pretty happy with how this one turned out. I've never had a ton of luck taking panoramic photos, but for some reason everything worked out this time. For this pano, I stood across from the temple, and then shot each segment. I didn't use a tripod just because I seem to always have a weird arching effect when I do. Then I used the photomerge in Photoshop to stitch everything together, flattened the images, then used adjustment layers to increase the saturation and adjust the levels.

Idaho Falls Temple; 1:30 p.m.; May 15, 2010; Idaho Falls, ID; f/ 4.0; 1/800; Canon S5 IS
Enhancements: Increased saturation and adjusted levels





I took this photo down in Idaho Falls. I did several different angles and I liked this one the best. I took these photos in Program mode and then used Photoshop photomerge to stitch the photos together. After that I flattened the image, cropped it, and added adjustment layers to change the saturation and levels.

River Panoramic; 8:20 p.m.; May 14, 2010; Ririe, ID; f/ 4.0; 1/125; Canon S5 IS
Enhancements: Adjusted levels and increased saturations






When I was taking these pictures for this panoramic, I didn't think it was going to turn out very good. In the end it turned out better than I thought so I decided to include it. I used Photoshop photomerge to stitch the five different photos together. After that I cropped it and added adjustment levels to change the levels and saturation. I ended up having to save the final as a PNG because for some reason it was corrupt as a TIFF and a JPG. These shots were taken in Program mode.

5 comments:

  1. Well it looks like you got a little carried away with your panos...These are fantastic! They definitely put mine to shame. My favorite is the one where the IF temple is in the distance and the waterfalls are up close. The colors are incredible and the detail is ridiculous. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jace! Your panos are amazing! I'll have to agree with Seth for sure on that one. My favorite one would have to be the same as well and what a great idea to have captured that from such an angle considering the area. I'm super amazed at your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you used different perspectives on the temple, shows two different angles. The favorite for this assignment seems to be unanimous, I like seeing the waterfalls, the color of the trees, with the temple in the background, its great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I love your panoramas! They really do look great. I love how the temple is the focus because it is in the middle. The contrast with the really blue sky and the green trees adds to the picture. Great job with your adjustments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go above and beyond with all the panoramas they look really good idaho falls is a great place for panoramic pictures.

    ReplyDelete